Whenever I mention pole dance, different people have very different ideas of what pole dance is. As a pole dance instructor here in Bundaberg, I’m making it my mission to share how incredible pole dance is for increasing fitness, strength and confidence!
I am surrounded with people in and around our studio who are crazy passionate.
- Passionate about challenging and growing themselves
- Passionate about helping and encouraging others
- Passionate about our city and community
- Passionate about staying fit & healthy
- Passionate about having time to themselves (parents especially)
So here’s 7 things you probably didn’t know about pole dancing. If you’re curious, I encourage you to come try for yourself at The Neon Loft!
- Pole dance is NOT always explicit or sexual! Although, confidence is sexy for sure! Oh, and not all pole dancers are strippers…
- Clothes are slippery! Skin is required to effectively grip to the pole. As you get better, you need more grip points to be available = less clothing.
- Pole dance is incredible fitness and improves whole body strength, coordination and flexibility.
- There is NO age limit – Kids love classes, and it’s never too late to start having some fun!
- Yes! Guys can definitely do pole as well.
- Just like in real life, there is NO ideal body type – every body is a pole body!
- You will bruise. We call them “pole kisses”.
Do you have something you think people should know but maybe don’t know yet, about pole dancing? Let us know in the comments!